Ethos & Values
At Tudhoe Colliery we offer the opportunity for achievement, the motivation for development and the support for independent growth in a caring environment, which values every individual, learning together to achieve our full potential. We are proud to be a member of Tudhoe Learning Trust and subsequently aim to embed the values of the Trust in everything we do:
Excellence – We are committed to utilising our expertise and high levels of professionalism, challenging each other to ensure our focus upon standards & continual improvement is consistent across the school.
Inspiration – We aim to provide innovative and creative opportunities based upon research and our own experiences, where risk taking is encouraged, with positivity and passion a prerequisite.
Honesty – We operate our school with high levels of transparency, integrity and trust with a small t. We share information, feedback and advice freely across our school, with the aim to empower all staff to be actively involved in providing the best education for our children.
Collaboration – We encourage and demand shared responsibility at all levels, which along with joint working practices and a mentality of complete buy in, all stakeholders have a sense of ownership and are driven to support other colleagues across the Trust.
Positivity – We want our institutions to be fun, supportive and caring environments, where people want to come to work, learn, challenge themselves and be the best that they can be.
Our School Aims
Parents, Pupils, Staff and Governors at Tudhoe Colliery Primary School are committed to the idea that education is a partnership and set out below are the agreed aims for our school.
It is our aim to provide access to a broad and balanced curriculum giving opportunities for each child to maximise his or her potential:
- Caring – Providing a well ordered, secure and caring environment in which each individual is valued and where learning can flourish.
- Pitch of work – Ensuring a match between the abilities of individual children and their learning activities, thereby providing success at school and encouraging our pupils to become confident, enthusiastic and independent learners.
- Equality – Providing equal opportunities for all pupils regardless of socio-economic background, ethnic origin or gender, according to individual need, intellect and physical ability.
- Teamwork – Fostering a sense of co-operation, self-discipline, responsibility & respect. Ambition – Developing skills, attitudes and ideas to enable each child to fulfil an active role in an ever-changing world.
- Curiosity – A commitment to develop lively, enquiring minds and the ability to question and discuss rationally.
- Relevance – Opportunities to work on realistic tasks and challenges which are relevant and demanding, with the application of reading, writing and maths skills maximised.
- Wellbeing – Encouraging the enjoyment of physical activities and games, and an increasing awareness of the importance of physical and mental health.
- Pride – Encouraging individuals to celebrate their own and others’ achievements and to develop a wide appreciation of human achievement and aspiration.
- Global awareness – Enabling children to understand and appreciate the world/country in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- Citizenship – Encouraging in children an appreciation and understanding of the richness of cultural, religious and personal diversity in modern Britain.