The information below is taken from the NHS website.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you or your child has symptoms:
f you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone in your support bubble should also stay at home if you have been in close contact with them since your symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started.
Click HERE to book a test through the NHS Coronavirus website.
Lateral Flow Testing
Households with children of primary or secondary age pupils are now eligible for Lateral Flow testing. This means carrying out a lateral flow test at home twice a week. The aim of LFT is to pick up asymptomatic cases of Covid-19. Primary age children do not need to be tested.
More information can be found HERE.
To find out where you can collect Lateral Flow test packs click HERE.
To register for home delivery of test packs, click HERE.